In the previous days, we have celebrated in Israel Shavuot.
Shavuot symbolized by eating cheese and dairy food. If you are not lactate sensitive, you might enjoy this holiday.
Is Shavuot is a cheesy holiday? I think it is . It is also a vegan friendly holiday.
So, what is Shavuot?
Shavuot means “weeks.” The term referring to the biblical holiday celebrated in Sivan 6th.this is the anniversary of the day the Jewish people were given the Torah in Sinai mountain.
In, Shavuot the counting of the ‘Omer that starting in Passover is ending, It is also the celebration on the harvest of the wheat.
In Shavuot time in the first days of the temple in Jerusalem, the people of Israel came with Bikkurim of the first fruit and the harvest. Three times that the Israeli and Jewish people who lived in, the days of the Temple in Jerusalem – In Sukkot, Passover, and Shavuot.
So, what are we cocking?
All the food blogs so as in the supermarket of Israel cheese and cheese deals.
Yes, But why?
A few reasons of eating dairy?
- In the first books, they use to eat honey and milk in Shavuot
- In the book of habits in Shavuot, you will eat milk and continuing. You need to eat meat because there is no happiness without meat.
- In the Book of Delights saying that the dairy meal has to do in the night of the end of Sfirat Haomer.
- In this day of the Bikkurim, we need to eat two meals, one is dairy, and the other is a meat meal.
- The gematria of the word milk in Hebrew is 40 – 40 generations since Moshe wrote the Torah, 40 days that Moshe was on the mountain of Sinai.
- When the people of Israel receive the Torah they cocked in one way when receiving the Torah, and now they have to make the meat in a Kosher way, They didn’t have meat after the Kosher so they could eat only dairy and none meat.
Every year we are getting ready for these holidays, the most important Shavuot we are all waiting for is the cheesecake.
Here is a baked cheesecake recipe by Chen Kachlon:
750 grams of white cheese
200g sour cream
Five separate eggs
One and a half glasses of sugar
Three bags of vanilla sugar
Four tablespoons corn-starch
Three tablespoons instant vanilla pudding
Set the oven to 160 degrees and place a pan with water to the bottom of the oven.
Separate the eggs.
Whip the egg whites with sugar + vanilla sugar.
Sugar added gradually.
In a separate bowl, mix egg yolks, cheese, cream, cornflour, and pudding.
Add the egg whites to the yolk mixture in two stages. It is essential to do this gently and with folding movements to maintain mass volume.
Do not forget to lubricate the baking pan.
Bake the cake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Bonn Appetite in this cheesy festive holiday!